Las Vegas info Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Las Vegas info Forum

Open Views, Rooms, travel, experiences, buffets, fun, excitement, gambling, poker,

2 posters

Hoover Dam draped in Orange Cloth??

Admin
    Admin

Hoover Dam draped in Orange Cloth?? Empty Hoover Dam draped in Orange Cloth??

Post  Admin Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:01 am

Have you seen the commercial on TV where Hoover Dam and so much of Las Vegas is draped in an orange cloth? Wondered how they did that? It's really an interesting article...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/oct/02/vdara-death-ray/
    RWH
    RWH

Hoover Dam draped in Orange Cloth?? Empty Re: Hoover Dam draped in Orange Cloth??

Post  RWH Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 am

When that question was posted in the Sun, I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever read. It was a dum as asking how they draped all the hotels in Las Vegas with Orange cloth.
    Admin
    Admin

Hoover Dam draped in Orange Cloth?? Empty Re: Hoover Dam draped in Orange Cloth??

Post  Admin Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:45 pm

RWH wrote:When that question was posted in the Sun, I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever read. It was a dum as asking how they draped all the hotels in Las Vegas with Orange cloth.

Dum = dumb? Smile

How did they accomplish that? Do you have any ideas?? I've actually had several people ask me and wonder myself. It is obvious that they can't roll that draping down Hoover Dam for real. How did they make it appear that so many buildings had the drapping fall over them?

RWH, ...any idea? Smile

Don
    RWH
    RWH

Post  RWH Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 am

Admin wrote:
    RWH wrote:When that question was posted in the Sun, I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever read. It was a dum as asking how they draped all the hotels in Las Vegas with Orange cloth.

Dum = dumb? Smile

How did they accomplish that? Do you have any ideas?? I've actually had several people ask me and wonder myself. It is obvious that they can't roll that draping down Hoover Dam for real. How did they make it appear that so many buildings had the drapping fall over them?

RWH, ...any idea? Smile

Don

Don! You'd be the last one I ever thought would take a shot at somebody about "spelling"!

Even before I read the answer the question in the Sun, I knew that it had something to do with the same sort of technology that created all those blue people in the Avatar movie.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 am