Las Vegas info Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Las Vegas info Forum

Open Views, Rooms, travel, experiences, buffets, fun, excitement, gambling, poker,

4 posters

Liberace Closing....

strevel

Liberace Closing.... Empty Liberace Closing....

Post  strevel Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am

Liberace was the highest paid performer in Las Vegas in 1955 making $50,000 a week at that time. He opened the door for many world class entertainers by setting the style and standard.
    We will miss you Liberace, we will miss your style, your flair for life and your "fancy candle holder that you kept on the piano.

Below are several very interesting link on the closing. Smile

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2010/oct/17/sadness-disbelief----and-sign-above----marks-closi/

A view inside the museum http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/2010/oct/17/91264/

D!
    RWH
    RWH

Liberace Closing.... Empty Re: Liberace Closing....

Post  RWH Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:42 pm

strevel wrote:Liberace was the highest paid performer in Las Vegas in 1955 making $50,000 a week at that time. He opened the door for many world class entertainers by setting the style and standard.
    We will miss you Liberace, we will miss your style, your flair for life and your "fancy candle holder that you kept on the piano.

Below are several very interesting link on the closing. Smile

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2010/oct/17/sadness-disbelief----and-sign-above----marks-closi/

A view inside the museum http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/2010/oct/17/91264/

D!

Anyone who finds themselves in that part of town can still amuse themselves at the Pinball Museum.
    strevel

Post  strevel Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:15 pm

If someone is into it there is a Gay Bar behind the Liberace Museum I believe. They have free parking in the rear. Ok, I'll shut up on that now, hahahaha

I liked his piano music, but some of these people would freak out, cry and pass out over him. I wish I couuld play the piano like him. Hell, I wish I could play the damned piano at all.

D!
    Blarney
    Blarney

Post  Blarney Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:42 am

[quote="strevel"]If someone is into it there is a Gay Bar behind the Liberace Museum I believe. They have free parking in the rear. Ok, I'll shut up on that now, hahahaha

I liked his piano music, but some of these people would freak out, cry and pass out over him. I wish I couuld play the piano like him. Hell, I wish I could play the damned piano at all.

D![/quote]

I never understood the attraction. He was pretentious as all getout. He'd prance around in ridiculous outfits, talk about his outfits and then play a piano. Whatever. Question
    strevel

Post  strevel Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:54 pm

I am doing good to play chop sticks properly, he would play things that were unbelievable. I think that his popularity was based more upon his "flair" and being so out going. More of a positive "cult of personality". I believe it was at the old Alladin I saw him as he entered the stage in a Rolls. He was wearing a mink coat, bejeweled to the point that I thought he was probably working out just to be able to lift his hands. He was certainly an attraction! It is one thing to read about it, but seeing it is just beyond belief. It would be nice if he were still alive. Sad to see his passing.

D~

Benchley

Post  Benchley Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:32 am

strevel wrote:I am doing good to play chop sticks properly, he would play things that were unbelievable. I think that his popularity was based more upon his "flair" and being so out going. More of a positive "cult of personality". I believe it was at the old Alladin I saw him as he entered the stage in a Rolls. He was wearing a mink coat, bejeweled to the point that I thought he was probably working out just to be able to lift his hands. He was certainly an attraction! It is one thing to read about it, but seeing it is just beyond belief. It would be nice if he were still alive. Sad to see his passing.

D~

So sad to see his passing, Don? It may come as a shock to you, back there in Memphis, but Liberace passed away in 1987, and, just for the sake of being "correct", the hotel you refer to was spelled "The Aladdin" and is now known as Planet Hollywood.
    strevel

Post  strevel Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg Thanks for clearing all that up a I had no idea. Don't push it Smile

Thanks Walt,
    RWH
    RWH

Post  RWH Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:44 pm

What ever happened to old Benchley and Blarney? Must have met the same fate as Liberace.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:58 am