Las Vegas info Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Las Vegas info Forum

Open Views, Rooms, travel, experiences, buffets, fun, excitement, gambling, poker,

3 posters

Vegas to CA High Speed Train

strevel

Vegas to CA High Speed Train Empty Vegas to CA High Speed Train

Post  strevel Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:51 am

The DesertXpress, a High Speed Train from CA to Vegas, seems to have a different route! It goes places that one would not think. Can it pick up the passengers, will it flood Vegas full of people?

What is going on with the train and how might it effect your trip to Vegas??

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/oct/13/crowd-hearing-perplexed-trains-proposed-route/
    strevel

Vegas to CA High Speed Train Empty Re: Vegas to CA High Speed Train

Post  strevel Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Thanks for your patience as I respond to my own post, embarrassingly.

As I further read this article and get more in depth into it there are some interesting nuances. The Fed is bringing up some interesting issues on this new High Speed Train. Here is one cut and paste from the Sun:

Several Las Vegas comments suggested that DesertXpress, designed as a high-speed system with no additional stops between Victorville and Las Vegas, should make stops before pulling into Las Vegas. <end of cut and paste>

IMHO, it would be a wise thing to have this train run right through the middle of some of these So Cal cities with a scheduled stop so as to allow for access to the train for travelers, boost their local economy with possible travel related sales. However, it would seem that stopping in a few places to pick up and drop off would be wise so as to give access to more people.

I would learn from years and years of experience of others in rail service. So Cal has a booming (still) market even tho it is a bit slower. They need ready access to Vegas and visa vers. To a point, more strategicaly placed stops would be beneficial. If you live here in Vegas or have ever driven from CA to Vegas or back on a weekend, it can be bumper to bumper from the 15-215 split on a good day for drivers, and bumper to bumper all the way to your destination on a bad day. This train can eleviate so much of this. Think of the fuel usage, gas, accidents, etc... on the freeway. Driving up the Barstow grade is scarey enough for me on a hot Southwest day. Even the official state signs warn you to turn off your AC.

What are your views on a High Sped train from Vegas to So CA. I am sure others would be interesged to hear your views!

RWH
    RWH

Post  RWH Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 am

strevel wrote:Thanks for your patience as I respond to my own post, embarrassingly.

What are your views on a High Sped train from Vegas to So CA. I am sure others would be interesged to hear your views!

When this was proposed originally, I thought Victorville was an odd place to terminate and still think it is.
    strevel

Post  strevel Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:10 am

Victorville is most definitely a strange place. I'd try to find a way to link it all the way into Los Angeles. Perhaps they wanted a "central" place in So Cal to make the terminus?

I am excited for the people in So.CAL on this issue. Imagine being able to get to Vegas any time of the day or night! No traffic problems, no issues with parking or dealing with other tough things. You just get on the train and it takes you there. When completed, get on it and it takes you right back to where you parked your car!! Vegas has just become a lot more accessible to millions!

I am really excited about this. I'll probobly never see it completed in my life, but it will be done! WOO HOO!

D~
    RWH
    RWH

Post  RWH Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 pm

strevel wrote:Victorville is most definitely a strange place. I'd try to find a way to link it all the way into Los Angeles. Perhaps they wanted a "central" place in So Cal to make the terminus?

I am excited for the people in So.CAL on this issue. Imagine being able to get to Vegas any time of the day or night! No traffic problems, no issues with parking or dealing with other tough things. You just get on the train and it takes you there. When completed, get on it and it takes you right back to where you parked your car!! Vegas has just become a lot more accessible to millions!

I am really excited about this. I'll probobly never see it completed in my life, but it will be done! WOO HOO!

D~

It will also give many new opportunities for people hanging around the terminal to say, "There's a train leaving town in five minutes, be under it."
    Blarney
    Blarney

Post  Blarney Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:28 am

Maybe in Victorville, you're supposed to transfer to a monorail into LA?
    strevel

Post  strevel Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Does the train into LA have a stop in Victorville? And if so does it hook up into the subway system in LA? I really enjoy SoCal. Really I do. The weather, the people and so much more is just great!

If there were some sort of transportation hook up that would assist train ridership there in Victorville that would be wonderful.

Lets hope it works out!

D~
    RWH
    RWH

Post  RWH Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:06 pm

strevel wrote:Does the train into LA have a stop in Victorville? And if so does it hook up into the subway system in LA? I really enjoy SoCal. Really I do. The weather, the people and so much more is just great!

If there were some sort of transportation hook up that would assist train ridership there in Victorville that would be wonderful.

Lets hope it works out!

D~

I will never return to California due to their restrictive smoking policies.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:42 am