Las Vegas info Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Las Vegas info Forum

Open Views, Rooms, travel, experiences, buffets, fun, excitement, gambling, poker,

3 posters

Swap Meet, Largest in Vegas

strevel

Swap Meet, Largest in Vegas Empty Swap Meet, Largest in Vegas

Post  strevel Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:42 am

There is a swap meet just north of Las Vegas that is great. It is called the broadacres Swap Meet. ( www.broadacresswapmeet.com ) . They have a bit of everything from clothes to pots and pans, tools, new and nice to older and used. I feel good about it and go there all the time myself. All cash, no debit cards, credit cards or checks.

It is a casual environment, sandals, t-shirts and jeans. As in any place keep your wallet in your front pocket, eat a foot long corn dog and have a great time.

For more information click on the link above, and get ready for a good time!

Don
    Balkiebisback

Swap Meet, Largest in Vegas Empty Re: Swap Meet, Largest in Vegas

Post  Balkiebisback Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:32 am

strevel wrote:There is a swap meet just north of Las Vegas that is great. It is called the broadacres Swap Meet. ( www.broadacresswapmeet.com ) . They have a bit of everything from clothes to pots and pans, tools, new and nice to older and used. I feel good about it and go there all the time myself. All cash, no debit cards, credit cards or checks.

It is a casual environment, sandals, t-shirts and jeans. As in any place keep your wallet in your front pocket, eat a foot long corn dog and have a great time.

For more information click on the link above, and get ready for a good time!

Don
    Mr. Dons,
    Thanks to you fro making note of dress rules for "Swap Meet", Balkieb put fancy uniforms back in closet. LOL, ROFL and LMAO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    strevel

Post  strevel Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 am

BALKIE!!

WHAS UP DUDE!

I went out there one day in my starched Pajamas and had a rough time. ...crack ah mah butt was all rashed up,...sad moment fer me. Smile

It is really a great place in the Spring and Fall. The air is cool, and the breezes are so nice. Parking can be an issue because, frankly, due to the popularity of the place. I like to get out there at 7am or so, have breakfast at the Jack in the Box on the way,and just hang on till they are ready. Sometimes I'll go to the Mickie Doodles on the corner for the same.
    Truly, it is a great way to spend a morning. It is a great place to speak Spanish as well as so many of the vendors are bi-lingual as are the other patrons. You can get pots and pans, cast iron skillets, shoes, tools, toys, clothes, and you can auction off your grandkids real easy. Someone'll use them to do dishes or something, Smile hahahaha

If you meet someone there that does not speak English, smile, and say "Quantos. "kwan-tos" means "how much". They want to make the sale and will enjoy that one person is trying to meet them half way. These are humble people just trying to turn a dime for their families. Frankly, some are probably illegals, and very soft hearted and human. Get a deal for yourself, but don't be impolite by trying to get it for free. These guys have kids and rent as well Smile.

Good ta see ya. You are a good man. Want a free e-book with all the telephone numbers in Vegas from 1955? No? well, to be honest, ...me neither.Smile hahahaha

Take care and so good to see ya. Smile

D!

As in any crowded place, keep your cash in your front pocket as they deal in cash only. No debit or credit cards, checks, promises to pay or leaving other peoples kids there until you get back with their money. hahahaha

Last edited by strevel on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
    RWH
    RWH

Post  RWH Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Swap meets...or swap meats?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:29 pm